Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Le Rouvray, Paris

I know my blog has been a little quiet and with good reason - I am currently travelling in Europe with my family.  Today, I was fortunate enough to visit the lovely Le Rouvray patchwork shop in Paris.  Le Rouvray is located in a typical Parisian little square near the Notre Dame Cathedral.





I was welcomed by a member of Le Rouvray staff who was more than happy to speak English and show me their beautiful selection of French fabrics and Provence fabrics.  There was also a beautiful display of quilts in the store including some divine vintage quilts.






Thank you, Le Rouvray - my visit rounded out a great day of visiting Paris monuments and gardens, drinking coffees and eating baguettes, croissants and crepes!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Oh Wow! Wish I was there with you, next time you will have to take me along! Did you buy any fabric?

    Great pics too; brings back some wonderful memories.

    Enjoy Paris - the crepes croissants baguettes cheese and the wonderful culture and history.

    Rita
    xxx (missing you around here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon dieu!!
    What an amazing trip.
    Have a great time (although I see you already are!!)
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing. I was just walking down memory lane today on my new blog page and posted pics of Le Rouvray too. It's a wonderful shop and the staff was wonderful. I posted the pic of the quilt I made with the fabric I purchased there. You can find it at http://quiltini.blogspot.com/. Enjoy the rest of your travels and post other discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous. I hope you bought some fabric there. Paris is such a beautiful city and the food, oh the food. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Karen :-) Bridie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how fantastic!!!! I am putting that on my list for when I visit Paris in 3 weeks time! Have a great time, enjoy the sights, smells and sounds of Europe - and make some wonderful memories to go with a wonderful quilt I am sure you will make when you return.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you'lfind some more wonderful shops
    enjoy it!
    Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so nice they allowed you to take photos. I was in the UK for vacation this year and the fabric/quilt shops would not let me take photos. I love Le Rouvray fabrics and made a quilt with them. Have fun with the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.