Saturday, August 24, 2013

Irish Double Chain Quilt

I would like to share a beautiful Double Irish Chain quilt I recently finished quilting for my customer Ann.  Ann's quilt was made with 1 inch squares and was quite large.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a photo of the whole quilt but here is a section of Ann's quilt.


All of the light coloured 1 inch squares were quilted with continuous curves while the centres of each Irish Chain were quilted with a separate motif.  Yes, I did count the centres - there were 120 - lots of stops and starts but worth the effort.

 



Enjoy your quilt Ann - thank you for letting me quilt it for you.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning quilt - beautifully pieced and beautifully quilted too.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful quilt!! Such precise piecing and fabulous colours/fabrics. You always come up with the perfect quilting patterns to show off quilts to their best ability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.