Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back Home from AMQF

I have returned home from the Australian Machine Quilting Festival exhausted.  The four days were fabulous - I would like to thank Tracey Browning and Sharon Parkinson for organising this fantastic event.  Thanks also to the many volunteers, vendors, teachers, sponsors and judges.

The American instructors were truly inspirational especially Pam Clarke, Kimmy Brunner and Anne Bright - they are all so passionate about quilting and were great instructors.  I have learned a lot and am looking forward to putting some of these quilting ideas into practice.

The Australian Machine Quilting Show was held in conjunction with AMQF and was a wonderful display of quilts.  I was thrilled to learn that two of my quilts had been awarded ribbons.

My wholecloth quilt "Envy" was awarded a Second Prize ribbon in the Custom Heirloom / Show - Wall Category.


My quilt "Field of Flowers" was awarded a First Prize ribbon in the Edge-to-Edge Category.

It is back to the quilting machine now - lots of quilts to be done before Christmas!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, the prizes are well deserved, your quilting is always sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow a huge congratulations...though I'm not surprised you won with your incredible stitching. When I clicked onto the black quilt photo, wow, that quilt is amazing, how long did that take to stitch? The green one is stunning. Love your work xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thrill it must have been for you to win these awards and have your quilts hanging in this prestigious Show. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Karen! I was really pleased to see the ribbon on Envy when I was there, as I recognised it as yours. I'm full of inspiration too - and am ignoring what I should be quilting to design instead! Oh, and I noticed you've added a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on those ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karen! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you Karen. Your quilts and quilting are always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    Your quilting is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!Karen.
    Fantastic quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thrilled for you too!!! You know I already admired the green one but the black one blew me really of. How could you do this accurate edge to edge quilting while changing the threads? The single patterns have all the same distance. Incredible well done, Karen!
    You have such a great talent! (See me a bit envious)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Karen. Your quilting is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Karen! Well done. Of course, your quilting is just absolutely mind-blowing, so you deserve it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Karen, well deserved. See you at the Barn!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.