Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Australasian Quilt Convention


I am excited to be attending the Australasian Quilt Convention which is on from April 14 - 17 at the Royal Exhibition Buildings in Carlton. 

I am particularly looking forward to seeing the entries in the APQ Seven Deadly Sins Quilt Challenge.  This year I was fortunate enough to have my quilt "Envy" juried in as one of the 30 finalists in the challenge.  As a result of participating in the Quilt Challenge this article appeared in today's edition of our local newspaper, the Northcote Leader.  Click on either the link or the photo below to read the article.



You may recall my quilt "Envy" from previous posts - be sure to look out for it if you are attending the Quilt Convention.


I hope those attending the Australasian Quilt Convention have a great time - I am sure I will!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on being a finalist. I'll be there tomorrow and look forward to seeing it and all of the other entries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Envy quilt is stunning!! Congratulations on being a finalist. Great article in the Northcote Leader. I used to live in Northcote :)
    Enjoy the convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'll be looking out for it tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that quilt!!
    I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
    When are you going?
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hoo!! I keep telling you "your a star"
    Congratulations on being a finalist.Will be looking for the green quilt with a ribbon on it..(wink)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a finalist and good luck with the big prize. This is truly a stunning quilt. Have fun in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Envy" - yep: I'm green. :D LOVE IT! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning quilt !!
    Enjoy the convention & good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your beautiful quilt at the AMQF and I was GREEN with ENVY then. I love it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, congratulations on being a finalist.
    Fingers crossed your quilt will win and make the other finalists green with envy!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.