Saturday, August 11, 2012

Keep it Simple!

I have recently quilted a number wonderful modern quilts.  The request for these quilts had been to keep the quilting simple and so I obliged.

The first quilt was made by Arlie and is a Denise Schmidt design called Stacking the Odds.


Arlie requested the signature figure 8 Denise Schmidt quilting design which has quilted up beautifully.



Arlie also made the following Strippy Quilt for her son Sammy with a collection of gorgeous fabrics.


With the busy prints, this quilt was not going to be about the quilting.  As a result, simple straight lines were quilted vertically troughout the quilt.  

Finally, two of my regular customers Tamsin and Bridie worked together to make the following Denise Schmidt quilt called What a Bunch of Squares as a gift for a friend's significant birthday.  I love the beautiful colour choices of this quilt.


I have quilted spiral squares 1" apart which has accentuated the straight lines of this quilt.


I hope you have enjoyed this selection of modern quilts - I have certainly enjoyed working on them.

4 comments:

  1. Fun to see the quilting--what a difference different quilting makes! Thanks for showing us these pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts! And the quilting makes them 'pop'. Love that figure 8 pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting choices for these projects. Love the quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.