Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Baby Quilt for my Neighbour

My new A1 quilting machine arrived last week and I have spent some time getting used to the differences.  I am happy to report that I am loving it.  The first quilts have now been quilted and I would like to share the very first quilt I quilted on my new machine.

The quilt is a beautiful baby quilt pieced from fabrics provided by my sister Rita from Red Pepper Quilts.  Rita and I spent an afternoon together cutting, piecing and pressing this little quilt - we had a lovely time sewing together - something we don't do together very often.  I am very lucky to be able to occasionally access her wonderful stash and her eye for colour and design.


The quilt was quilted with one of my favourite all-over patterns Splash which has given it great texture.  The quilt has been made for my neighbours who have just had a baby boy - hopefully it will be well used and loved.



This should be the first of many more quilts to be quilted on the new A1 machine.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Karen! And what fun you would have had sewing with Rita! (Sounds like a dream to me...) I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful quilting from that fabulous new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you lucky to have access to Rita's wonderful stash! Lovely baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hey! I had never known that and have followed you both forever! Your quilt is the best kind. Random scrappy in fabulous colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting your new super dream machine!! What a wonderful baby quilt to be the first quilted on it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.