Saturday, October 18, 2014

Zutphen - A Sampler Quilt

I have recently quilted a beautiful sampler quilt for my customer Jenny.  Jenny's quilt is named "Zutphen" after the location of Petra Prins' Patchwork & Quilting Shop in the Netherlands.  Jenny was lucky enough to visit Petra's shop and purchased the pattern "Project Rood".  Petra regards the pattern more a layout rather than a pattern with individual blocks coming from several now famous quilts including "Dear Jane", "Nearly Insane", "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" and "The Civil War Diary Quilt".  Jenny included nine additional blocks to make the quilt rectangular rather than square.


Zuthpen has 50 blocks which are 6inches square each.  As Jenny loves feathers I incorporated feathers wherever possible including a lovely feather in the sashing.


This Dresden Plate block is one of my favourites:-


Some more detail of the quilting and Jenny's beautiful piecing and applique:-


I love Jenny's border too:-


Congratulations Jenny on completing a beautiful quilt and thank you for letting me quilt it - I had a wonderful time working on your quilt.

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning qullt!! Your quilting is wonderful for showing off the beautiful appliqué and piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is always a delight to behold Karen! Your love for the job really shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sashing & border feathers are sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is a sTuning quilt! I wish I coUld see it in person to really get the detail of your quilting. It looks gorgeous! Magistra13 at yahoo dot com
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Viki, you both did beautiful work! Just look at all those perfect points, and the feathers too. Wonderful. I want to be you two when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.