Monday, June 29, 2015

Sydney Quilt Show 2015 - Best of Show!

I had the most incredibly exciting few days last week at the Sydney Quilt Show. Having received a phone call to say that my quilt Sanderson's Apprentice had been awarded a ribbon and that I "would want to be at the award ceremony", I flew up on Wednesday morning with my husband.

I was thrilled when my quilt won a First Prize Ribbon in the Traditional Professional Category, even more excited when it won Excellence in Longarm Machine Quilting and completely amazed when it was also awarded Best of Show!

Image courtesy of Expertise Events

I had only intended to spend one day at the Sydney Quilt Show. However, having been awarded Best of Show I flew back on Friday morning to spend a further two days with my quilt, talking to lots of very interested quilters - I had a great time.

I would like to thank the committee of the Quilters' Guild of NSW for organising a fabulous quilt show, the judges for their time and what must be a difficult job, the volunteers for making the quilt show possible and all exhibitors who entered a quilt.  I would also like to thank all the sponsors including Expertise Events and Bernina for their generous sponsorship.

My quilt has returned home with it's swag of pretty ribbons and a beautiful sash.

I will look forward to Sanderson's Apprentice being part of the Best of Australia competition at the Australian Quilt Convention in April 2016 and travelling around to the various state quilt shows during that year.


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations....so well deserved. Your quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous, amazing quilt! You may be surprised, but I'm sure not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Karen! So well deserved- it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Incredible quilt and quilting. So well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to imagine how exciting that must feel. Congratulations on s fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. That is one fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations Karen, what an thrill for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Isn't it wonderful to see all those ribbons on your amazing quilt!! I feel lucky to have seen it in real life so I could take in the details and appreciate the beautiful glow of the colours. Finally meeting you in person was a highlight of my show visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my word! You must have been so shocked. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Just WOW! What an amazing quilt. While I am certain there were other beautiful and amazing quilts, yours does deserve lots of kudos. I wish I could see it in person. (Getting up close and personal is always an opportunity to learn something from other peoples' quilts.) Congratulations on such beautiful quilted art!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.