Monday, February 15, 2010

Georgia's Birthday Quilt

My sister Rita from Red Pepper Quilts and I decided to make a quilt together for our niece's 6th birthday which is coming up soon. Rita agreed to make the top and I would do the machine quilting.


Rita is a designer and maker of the most exquisite modern quilts. Georgia's quilt is an original design by Rita and you can see the making of this quilt on Rita's blog here.



Georgia's quilt has been quilted with an all-over design called Daisies Galore from Timeless Quilting Designs. Here are some close-ups of the individual blocks.




As usual, Rita has pieced together an amazing back. The daisies show up beautifully on the plain pink fabric.


Rita has released the pattern for Georgia's Quilt which is available through her patterns page on her website or from her Etsy Shop. This is the second pattern released by Red Pepper Quilts - her other pattern "Bricks and Stones" is a beautiful quilt also.

Rita and I can't wait to see Georgia's reaction to her quilt on her birthday.

7 comments:

  1. What a great team the two of you make. Georgia will absolutely love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! The daisies are just perfect -- they're my favourite flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has come up so beautifully.
    Lucky Georgia!!
    Want to adopt me Auntie Karen?
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOHHHH Love the quilting Karen!! I bet this will be a much treasured gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning Karen (and Rita) - what a beautiful selection of pinks, a girly dream! I love the white in it too, it allows the prints to really shine on their own.
    :-) Bridie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Once I clicked to yours, I became a fast follower...I love it and I love this quilt. It's just beautiful!
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.