Friday, February 12, 2010

Wonderland Quilt

My customer Bridie has just made a beautiful quilt using fabrics from the Wonderland range by MoMo for Moda.  Bridie has used this range of fabrics to make some wonderful log cabin blocks which have been set with a chocolate coloured sashing in a cotton-linen blend.


I have quilted Bridie's quilt using one of my favourite patterns called Splash by Jodi Beamish of Willow Leaf Studio.  I have used this pattern quite a few times as it tends to look great on modern quilts.  I do particularly like the way the quilting stands out in the plain fabric - it has added a lovely texture and great movement to the quilt.





Bridie has made this quilt for her daughter - I hope she will love and use this quilt for many years to come.

9 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! How can she not love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen - you have done a beautiful job yet again. Thanks for being so generous with your compliments when you know there were some flaws in my 'lining up' of the blocks! :-) Hopefully this will go unnoticed with such a beutiful quilt pattern on it. Thanks again - Bridie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty quilt - and quilting! Daughter will LOVE it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful quilt! You are so lucky to have a long arm quilt machine, I would love to have one but its just not in the in my future.(LOL)I try to do free hand on my machine , but any way you did a wonderful job on the quilting !Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt. Beautifully quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovley quilt top and the design you have quilted looks great on the choc solid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilt, Bridie! Love the brown sashing, which makes the colors of the blocks really pop.

    I am a huge fan of your great quilting Karen and this is no exception. Lovely!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, the quilt and quilting are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.