Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Parcel

I participated in Park City Girl's Blogger's Quilt Festival a few weeks ago which was fabulous.  Not only did I enjoy visiting many blogs and looking at the amazing quilts, I was also lucky enough to win a prize from one of the sponsors.  My prize was a $50 voucher from The Fat Quarter Shop.  I spent quite some time deciding what to buy and today my parcel arrived.



It is very exciting getting a parcel in the mail.  I don't have a huge fabric stash and tend to buy fabrics with a particular quilt in mind.  However, the voucher had to be spent!  I settled on a number of solid fabrics for which I have in mind some baby wholecloth quilts.  In also included a dotty fabric which I intend to be the binding.  Here are my purchases.





I have also bought some more Aurifil threads which I have recently started using on my longarm machine - they quilt up beautifully and have a lovely sheen to them.  These were bought from Always Quilting - they include some gorgeous variegated threads which should look great on the solids I have bought.




I am looking forward to making these baby quilts and will be sure to post them on my blog.

I would like to thank both Park City Girl for organising the Blogger's Quilt Festival and the Fat Quarter Shop for their generous sponsorship and their excellent service. 

10 comments:

  1. What a great prize! These are all excellent stash building materials, and I can't wait to see the quilts that you are going to make with them.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you! And well-spent! Looking forward to seeing those baby quilts! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shopping.
    These will become gorgeous baby quilts!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win. I love your idea for the baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win - can't wait to see the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well deserved prize! Fantastic booty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours! Looking forward to seeing those quilts.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well - how fun is that!! Now I'm really kicking myself that I didn't post something myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were so lucky to win, and have spent your gift certificate very well:-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.