Monday, November 2, 2009

Kaffe Fassett Quilt

I have just finished a beautiful Kaffe Fassett quilt for my customer Peta.  My first ever post was the Single Girl Quilt which was also made by Peta for one of her daughters.  This Kaffe Fassett quilt has been made for Peta's other daughter.  Peta's daughters were so excited to have the Single Girl Quilt blogged by me that they asked if I could blog this quilt - how could I refuse?

This Kaffe Fassett quilt is not about the quilting - it is about beautiful fabrics, lovely subtle colours and a great quilt design.






I have quilted this quilt with an all-over design called Gothic Vine.



Well done Peta, you have made another gorgeous quilt - I hope your daughters enjoy their quilts.

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt.
    I agree ..... the fabrics and quilt design are wonderful aspects of this quilt but you just can't go past stunning quilting like that.
    It adds so much to the overall effect.
    Beautiful.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Kaffe quilt, I want to make one of these one day, it's beautiful. Your fabulous gothic vine is just perfect for it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peta makes fabulous quilts. I love this one, it's gorgeous. The quilting on it is perfect, love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you resist anything Kaffe and this one is definitely no exception. Just beautiful work by both you and Peta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect -- the colors, the fabrics, the design, and the quilting. Love the vines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning quilt Karen! I just picked mine up from Rita! I love it, you did a wonderful job x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Kaffe Quilt! What lucky girls to have a mother who makes such beautiful quilts for her daughters!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.