Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life is a Celebration Quilt

I have just finished quilting the most amazingly detailed applique and stitchery quilt made by my customer Alison.  The quilt is a very pretty quilt in baby blues and pinks which will make a delightful quilt for a little girl.  The project was originally run through Australian Homespun as a Block of the Month raising money for research into Ovarian Cancer.


I have quilted Alison's quilt with lots of feathers, stitching around all the applique, a range of background fillers and continuous curves.  Here are a few samples of some of the wonderful blocks.




Alison has also included some beautiful hand embroidery in the quilt.  I particularly love the blue and white scrolled sashing with its delicate embroidered flowers.



The circle of flowers on the setting butterfly blocks is gorgeous too.


More photos of Alison's quilt can be found on my flickr account.

Thank you Alison - your quilt was a delight to work on and I hope you will be as thrilled with the result as I am.

3 comments:

  1. You are right to be thrilled with this! A beautiful quilt with beautifully complimentary quilting. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - you did such a nice job with her quilt! She must be grinning ear to ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing these photos I am grinning like a Cheshire cat. I can't imagine what I am going to be like when I collect my quilt from Karen.
    Karen thank you for the beautiful quilting. You are BRILLIANT, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.